Finally Finished

The Values We Desperately Want Instilled in You

Technical skills, communication, collaboration, leadership, and project management. Five guarantees for the last time and personally I just can't wait to find five new words to have a choke hold on my future body of work.

What Valuables Have I Stolen?

I'm just going to run down the list of guarantees and wax poetic about my thievery for a paragraph or two because how else would I do that. So technical skills I've just become this absolute legend on the computer. I don't know how they really work and I still don't understand how we can do anything on this silly little screens but, I have learned enough to be pretty proficient in the Adobe suit. Even if I don't understand a program I know more about the kinds of results I want and the ways I can go about getting them which is just great honestly. Now communication I'm like pretty fine at. I still don't enjoy speaking to these people for the most part but I can 100% communicate pretty effectively even if no one cares or pays attention to me. Leadership on the other hand? I didn't need eComm to teach me how to lead and deal with people in a constructive manner I've been doing that and I'm only getting more competent in that area. The last one is project management and honestly the way I never do anything on time for this class is wild because I don't do late work. In any other area I'm the most timely person ever so this is an outlier and therefore not something that counts in the final graph.

Name Your Flaws and then Why You're a Gem

I'm never not going to say that writing is my greatest strength because I would just be lying. Truly and genuinely I am just a really good writer and that's in any format I choose to work in like I can write and I'm done acting like I am good at this thing and I try very hard and put so much effort into because I love it. That being said I can't wait to continue to grow and develop my writing abilities and just keep gaining a larger body of work as time goes by even if it gets me nowhere that's fine I don't care. If there's one thing this class has taught me it's that you have to find the right people to work and surround yourself with especially in a limited environment because you could do something amazing and no one will care. But yeah I've spent the last two years defending my creative and technical ability to a bunch of people doing the same thing over and over again and there's no growth there. What I do allows me to grow and I'm very proud of myself for that.

Now for my weaknesses. Ummmm No. I'm kidding I don't like working with people in this building and I am both too stubborn and too bitter to get over that sometimes which has hindered me but in any other setting I will just suck it up. The ting is that this is high school and the people I'm surrounded by is based off a very small sample of the population and everyone thinks the same here. There just is never very much that s new and exciting and just even a new perspective and I just haven't ever tried to force myself to want to deal with it. This year especially like I don't compromise on my values and I think that is a strength and a weakness in it's own right.

Will I Use my Talent for Good? Probably Not That's No Fun

I'm going to do everything I want to with what I've learned in eComm because why not. Most of it will be garbage but it will be me and my brain children and so I can live laugh love it for sure. Me and my silly little creations and ideas are just going to do it all and nothing all at once. I don't want to please people anymore. I want to make things because I want to and I think they're important topics to have documented in such permanence. It's weird because I've spent so much time trying to get my peers to be open to the idea of doing something different and outside of they comfort zone just to graduate and have none of that really matter to me anymore.

Quick Make a Change Michael Jackson

I think that if I could change anything I would try and work outside of the human persons in this class and even this school if I could because it's giving very much cishet white people and I am none of those things. Genuinely eComm has been the best and worst part of high school for me because I just never actually got the same chances as my peers did because I don't view the world the way they do and my experiences are just so much different and there's just a very large disconnect between myself and my peers.

Conc.

I've lived, I've learned, and now I get to leave.


Project Time! Beware of Mediocrity 

Yeah I hate most everything I've done in this program so genuinely that it feels like a waste of four years sometimes.

What is That?

I'm not embedding a twelve page screenplay in here that is ridiculous and a waste of everyone's time but my first like mildly okay project is my script for Cowardly Reflections that never got made because of the lack of color in this county. This was my junior year treatment and script that I wrote about a black queer kid coming to terms with his reality whilst in purgatory to find out if he's going to heaven or hell when he dies which if you ignore the religious aspect of that is pretty fun. To me at least. But yeah it took some weeks to write just because I had never really written in that specific format before so majority of that struggle was me trying to understand the formatting that comes along with writing a screenplay. It was fun though I liked what I was writing and it was the only thing I got to do in entertainment that was really just me and my creative ideas and perspective.

And that?

This is my grad card and it is sexy yeah. Wasn't an eComm related project whatsoever and it wasn't even video I just am very proud of this one. It's giving old horror title card and I feel as if that black and grey everything suits me impeccably. Also not to have an individuality complex in a blog post about myself but truly no one in this building is doing it how I am and that is an incredible feeling. The biggest challenge I faced making this was finding the right font for it because I was being very particular about the overall feel I needed from it. 

Oh and Also That?


My wixsite is pretty cool. It's bright and obnoxious just the way it needs to be and it includes everything I like or have liked out of my creations.

Feature Film

I truly and genuinely refuse to talk about that. It was the least enjoyable part of this entire school year and my time and effort were completely disrespected so I just have no more energy to give to something that I didn't even enjoy watching when it was all said and done.

Now an Actual Conc.

This year it was fun getting to work with some people as it usually is getting to film things with friends or whatever. If I had to do it again though I would just drop the program as a whole because this year was so much with everything else even and if I didn't do eComm I wouldn't have felt half as much stress. After high school its just more trying not to die prematurely and seeing what I can accomplish as it should be honestly. I appreciate the time I've spent in this class. It's been real but I am very tired and ready to sleep for a month.

Comments

Popular Posts