Audio, Video, Disco But in Latin

Here's Some Videos

This Short Film Ended My Nonexistent Career



Our final project of this entire school year was to create a short film of our choosing. Overall the project took about three weeks in and out of class to complete, which truly isn't to bad. The biggest challenge during this project was the director if I'm being completely honest. Between changing filming dates without letting people know and intentionally making other team member's jobs harder it was rough. What I learned along he way is how to continuously not put up with someone who pretty much demands to be in charge of every little thing. As much as I hate confrontation I've learned that sometimes you just gotta say screw it and speak your mind no matter who it is. I also learned that I make a pretty alright art director. We weren't given much feedback throughout our team considering the circumstances but I did change the way lots of things were being filmed and prevented many continuity errors.

This Trailer is Bad and I'm Sorry

This project was to recreate a high school movie trailer, and my group chose the most unfortunate movie trailer. Twilight. This project was the actual death of me even though it only went on for like a month or so. Filming was a massive challenge when making this entire thing. The first day they went to film the SD Card we were going to use didn't work and another person forgot the back-up one so ya know that sucked. The next time they went to film I couldn't go because I was sick and filming in the woods just doesn't mix well with that. Along the way I learned that I can get pre-production work out of the way fast while still doing it to where it's actually beneficial. Feedback that we were given was to not do this trailer and if we did to make it absolutely ridiculous. My group decided to listen to exactly none of that feedback.

Sad Sad opinion of my Work

All of my work is mediocre at best and honestly I'm a lil mad about it but that's whatever. i'll improve on my lack of skills and hopefully make less mediocre videos.

How Jaden Used His Class Time

I have used my time in class so well that it doesn't seem very real when considering the work ethic of my peers. I do almost all of my pre-production work in class because I know that filming and editing takes up most of the time allotted so getting pre-production done as fast and efficiently as possible is super important. When I finish early I go back and look over the work I've done to make sure that it's good and will actually mean something for when we're outside of class filming and stuff. Outside of class I do research and watch stuff on how to improve as well as write small unimportant scripts.

Do I Have Strengths? Click Here to Find Out.

My two strengths in video are as follows: pre-production work and writing. Boy oh Boy am I good at getting pre-production out of the way. So that's that on that on that. I know that my script was pretty rough but, I swear I'm a good writer. I know how to tell stories from a unique point of view and I know how to tell them well.

Yes I Need to Improve

I would like to improve on my ability to write a script which sounds dumb since I just tried to defend my honor as an articulated writer. Anyway I hate script writing because it's stressful and I don't know how to get my story across in that specific format. I know how to write a good synopsis as well as a very much in depth treatment. It's just the translating that into a script is challenging. That's why I'm gonna try and rewrite my script over summer break and write a whole new story.

More About that Unfortunate Short Film

My role in this whole disaster of a process was to do a lot of the pre-production work and art direction for the film. Personally I would label the genre of our film drama/ garbage fire since that's the only way to truly portray the story. I don't know exactly what I learned during the project other than not to put up with directors that think they can act like dictators since she didn't allow anyone to even breathe freely. 

In other news I greatly enjoyed the process of writing my own logline and stuff. I love to write and I also love just how powerful using film as your medium can be when telling stories you want to impact people's thinking with. I feel like getting to write something from the ground up was amazing and I really enjoyed getting to challenge myself as a writer through that opportunity. Going from something as small as a logline and making my way towards a treatment and script gave me a chance to challenge the way I typically create stories since I had to break it down to the bare bones and then add emotion and detail to every aspect of my writing.

Did I Enjoy this Semester? Spoilers Coming Soon.

The project that I enjoyed the most was definitely writing my own script since I enjoy doing stuff along those lines anyway. If I could change one thing semester it would be the short film for sure. I was really excited for it at first and then we put ourselves into groups and just went tumbling downhill at break neck speed from there. My major take-away from this semester is that I really like the idea of being a screenwriter. I'm a pretty decent writer and I want to be able to share my point of view through film so screenwriting sounds kind of perfect. One goal I have for next year is to attempt to make the Boys Like Him script into a short film after I make some revisions.

La Fin

All in all I love video even though its the most stressful thing I do in school. Plus having Zimms as a teacher is always nice

Thank Ye and Goodnight

I apologize for the dramatic and stupid titles.

Comments

Popular Posts